With 2020 rapidly approaching, let’s face the New Year and decade with fresh hope in God’s goodness to us. Are you hoping to start something new in 2020? Such as a new job or your own business, you need the Lord’s hand upon your life. If you are making New Years Resolutions, consider resolving to commit your plans to the Lord first.
God is a loving Father to his children and delights in us when we seek wisdom from Him, but we cannot neglect our primary calling, which is to put Him first in our lives. We must humble ourselves and be prepared to accept His will, after all, He is the perfect Father, and He knows what we need, even if it seems hard at the time.
I would like to share some verses from scripture, that speak of our need for the Lord’s wise counsel, as a believer, you know that you cannot go through life without it. Let’s consider the following 6 verses and apply them to our lives, starting from today and into the new year:
6 Bible Verses On God’s Guidance
1) Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and he will establish your plans. (Proverbs 16:3)
2) Delight yourself in the LORD, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD; trust in Him, and He will do it. He will bring forth your righteousness like the dawn, your justice like the noonday sun. (1 Kings 2:4-6)
3) Cast your burden upon the LORD, and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous be shaken. (Psalm 55:22)
4) When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but will have the view of life. ( John 8:12)
5) The Lord Says, “I Will Guide You Along The Best Pathway For Your Life. I Will Advise You And Watch Over You”. (Psalm 32:8)
6) Trust In The Lord With All Your Heart; Do Not Depend On Your Own Understanding. Seek His Will In All You Do, And He Will Show You Which Path To Take. ((Proverbs3:5-6 )
The Lord Wants To Take Your Burdens
As you can see from the verses above, the Lord is happy to take our burdens, He knows our weaknesses all too well. God never gets compassion fatigued, He wants us to lay our burdens down at His feet, follow Him, and seek His guidance.
I would love to hear your thoughts on this post, and what are some of your resolutions for 2020?